World Athletics Federation Midway Report for Team Eritrea.
Almost midway through the 2022 World athletics championships taking place in Eugene, Oregon, Team Eritrea’s results have not been too shabby despite not getting any medals. Eri-internationalsports, however, is giving ERITREAN fans a huge salute for always representing their flag and team with higher than most teams. They deserve to be GOLD medal winners. The 12th man as fans are known for TEAM Eritrea always shows up when any Eritrean athlete competes and that was clearly seen in the streets of Eugene this past week.
Eritrea now only has the 5,000 meters run competition left in both the men’s and women’s classifications as Merhawi Mebrahtu will qualify at first in one of the heats and if he has to qualify for the final round. In the women’s 5, 000 meters the great Rahel Daniel who took 5th in a field of incredible world-class runners in the 10,000 meters will once again represent Eritrea in another strong field of competitors. Rahel has a great chance of being in the competition until the end and could possibly win a medal. Eritrean-American Weini Kelati is also slated to run in the 5,000 meters according to the starting list of athletes slated to compete in the 5,000. Meanwhile, here below are the results that have been accumulated so far this week for team Eritrea.
Women’s athletes for Eritrea.
- Rahel Daniel finished in 5th place in the women’s 10,000 meters. (Still has the 5,000 meters left)
- Nazret Weldu finished in 4th place in the women’s marathon. An Incredible run and a national record.
- Dolshi Tesfu finished in the top 20 in the world in the 10,000 meters.
Men’s athletes for Eritrea.
- Yemane Haileslassie ( 4th in his heat and finishes 7th overall in the men’s 3000 steeple chase)
- Oqbe Kibrom finishes in 16th, place in the men’s marathon.
- Goitom Kifle finishes in 22nd, place in the men’s marathon.
- Hiskiel Tewolde finishes in 44th, place in the men’s marathon.
- Habtom Samuel finishes in 17th, place in the men’s 10,000 meters.
Good luck to team Eritrea as the coaching staff and everyone involved in Eritrea’s building process has started to make a huge difference in the development of the national athletics programs. We shall wait and see how we fare in the 5,000 meters for both men and women races and we will keep you updated.